Equipment - Rega - Planar 2
Tonearm-TheRB220 tonearm ispacked with groundbreaking new features designed to enhance performance and make setup extremely simple. The RB220 incorporates Rega designed ultra-low friction bearings (Patent Pending),housed within a brand new, stiffer and lightweightbearinghousing. This was developedwitha new ' factory preset bias' whichnegatesthe need for theuser to set bias,making it almost completely plug and play apart from simple arm balancing. The new housing also includes an integrated arm clip and uses Rega's latest custom aluminium arm tube.
Hub bearing -The Planar 2 hasa new11mm self securing brass bearing (Patent Pending) offering improved fit and less stress on the bearingpreventing the transfer of potential energy.
Plinth -High gloss acrylic laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance with ergonomically positioned power switch. Threeplinth finishes available,high gloss black,white orred.
Motor -New 24v low noise, low vibration motor assembly and new PCB.
Platter -New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ 10mm – Improved accuracy platter.
Other features :
- Re-designed feet - New improved foot assembly to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- Carbon cartridge - supplied as standard on all Planar 2’s for simple plug and playconvenience.
- Motor cover tray - with integrated cooling.
- Optional lid / plinth protectors - supplied to prevent marks on the plinth and keep it looking its best.
- Instructions - Easy to use multi-lingual quick start guide for easy set up.